Daily Bible and Prayer software - Upgrade information
How to upgrade from version 2.0 or 2.1 to 2.2.
If you have version 2.0, 2.1, or 2.2, you can upgrade to 2.3 via download. Your prayer data and reading plans will be retained. Simply download and install to upgrade.
What's new in the latest version
- SwordSearcher integration. If you have SwordSearcher 5.3 or later installed on your computer, Daily Bible and Prayer can open verses inside of SwordSearcher for extended study.
- Minor fixes.
- Words of Christ in red. (This can be configured or disabled in preferences.)
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
- Version 18.104.22.168 includes minor fixes from earlier 2.2 releases.
- The Faith's Checkbook text has had another proofreading pass, and several typographical errors have been fixed.
- Added additional Prayer list printing options on the Prayers menu.
- Improved print layout of Prayer items.
- Windows Vista is now supported.
What's new in version 2.0 since version 1.2
Daily Bible and Prayer has been significantly improved for version 2.0, incorporating many additions and changes based on user feedback and new ideas. The same basic layout is used, but has been extended to support new features.
- Support for an unlimited number of Bible reading plans added.
- Additional Bible-in-a-year method added.
- Support for custom Bible reading plans added.
- The Prayer Tracker has been extensively improved. The "prayer status" for prayers is now Active, Answered, or Inactive. Prayers can now be assigned optional categories for grouping in the prayer tracker. Prayer items can now be edited with various formatting options, making your prayer item text more rich. Display of prayer items has been changed. Instead of prayer items being displayed as a list of tables, they are now individually loaded by selecting the prayer item heading from the prayer list.
- Several typographical errors have been fixed in the Faith's Checkbook devotional.
- Backup and Restore functions have been implemented.
- Significant internal and cosmetic improvements have been made.
How to upgrade from version 1.x to 2.x
Download Daily Bible and Prayer 2. Version 2 of Daily Bible and Prayer will install on the same system as version 1, but will not overwrite your existing version of Daily Bible and Prayer. Version 2 installs into a different directory and maintains user data files independently from version 1. This will allow you to evaluate version 2 before uninstalling version 1. The first time you run Daily Bible and Prayer 2, it will look for version 1 data files and offer to import your Bible reading plan and Prayer Tracker into version 2 if they are found. This will not erase the data from version 1; version 2 will make its own copy of the information.
Please note that while Daily Bible and Prayer 2 can import your data from version 1, version 1 can not access version 2 files.